A Lesson From Newton…

…and no I don’t mean Sir Issac.  I’m talking about the cross-eyed siamese cat that resides in my apartment.  If there is anything I’ve learned from Newton, its that sunshine is the best form of therapy.  Vitamin D from exposure of our Sun is proven to show an increase in brain function and mood.

School will get stressful and it’ll be easy to get lost in your work but make sure you take the time to keep yourself happy and healthy.  Our sunshine activities from this past President’s Day weekend included rock climbing, kayaking, and a lot of lounging.

watson

How cool is it that we live in a place that where its warm enough in February (sorry east cost) to go outside for a whole weekend?  Don’t cheat yourself by by skipping a walk on a nice day just because you’re a little busy.  Speaking of weather, did you know we have a meteorology here at ERAU?  Check out this link to some weather resources! http://meteo.pr.erau.edu/ 

This entry was posted in 2014 - 2015 and tagged , , , , , , , by Chelsea. Bookmark the permalink.

About Chelsea

**Minor:** Physics **Hometown:** Albuquerque, NM **Internships/Co-ops:** Undergraduate Research in Fusion Improvement at University of New Mexico Cancer Center **Research:** Nuclear Spectroscopy, Senior Thesis **Activities:** Women's Soccer team, Society of Physics Students **Competitions and Awards/Honors:** Dean's List, CalPac Champs 2012, All-Conference 2013 **Favorite Class:** Optics/Optics Laboratory, it is a challenging course that allows the student to construct experiments in the way they want to. And you get to play with lasers. Pew pew. **Favorite thing to do in Prescott:** Anything outdoors with my friends. Prescott is filled with awesome trails, beautiful landscape and radical people. **In my free time, I…** hike, bike, trail runs, draw, slackline, craft, camp, read. I have a cat named Newton, he likes to go on road trips with me.​