Soar With Me Through Sophomore Year!

Hello all future Embry-Riddle students! My name is Amelia Cassidy and I come from the tiny, yet lovely city of Bend, Oregon. I am a current sophomore double majoring in Aviation Business Administration, with an area of concentration in Management, and Aeronautics, with a minor in Security Intelligence Studies. On campus I am part of the Alpha Sigma Tau sorority and various clubs such as the Airline Pilots Association – Aviation Collegiate Education (ALPA ACE) Club, American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), Women In Aviation, and the Honors Student Association. I originally came in as an Aeronautical Science major, however I switched majors second semester. After graduation, I hope to put both of my degrees to use and work either as an airport manager or in the business side of an airline. While I am already employed in the aviation industry, I plan on getting my Private Pilot’s License and all my ratings and, eventually, flying for Delta Airlines.

Although it may not seem like it, I actually do have free time! In that time, I love to cook and bake, run, swim, skateboard, hike, camp, explore, adventure, and travel. I am also very much into the arts. When I can, I love to sit and draw, as well as go out and take pictures (both film and DSLR). I also sing, play guitar, violin, and a bit of piano.

Even though I have only been here for a year, I feel as though I have done and accomplished so much! I have had the best experiences and have been exposed to once in a lifetime opportunities. Because of this, I very much look forward to my upcoming years, as well, and sharing my experiences with others. Feel free to ask me about anything, as I have had experience in all sorts of groups around campus! I’ll be more than willing to help out any student and give advice to the best of my abilities. I invite you to follow my blog. I will be posting all sorts of fun things and pictures throughout the year. I hope you enjoy what I have to post and again, don’t hesitate to ask questions or find me if you’re ever on campus.

Have a lovely day,
Amelia Cassidy

P.S. These are only a few basic pictures, there will be more to come!!

1798698_10200138772549987_653765665879863674_n
One of my drawings
1422752024065
Granite Mountain: The view from my Freshman year dorm.
20150910_172325
AST – The sorority I’m in
20150909_184812
The AST sisters!
20150817_164740
Orientation leaders being silly during Fall 2015 Orientation Week
My friends and I took a road trip to L.A for MLK Weekend

This entry was posted in 2015 - 2016 and tagged , , , , , , by Amelia. Bookmark the permalink.

About Amelia

**Major:** Aviation Business Administration and Aeronautics, concentration in Management **Hometown:** Bend, OR **Internships:** Mesa Airlines, Summer 2015 **Activities:** Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority, Airline Pilots Association (ALPA ACE), American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), Honors Student Association (HSA), Aviation Business Networking Club (ABNC), Women in Aviation, People Respecting Individual Diversity and Equality (PRIDE) **Favorite thing to do in Prescott:** take pictures **In my free time I…** Hiking, Camping, Exploring, Reading, Cooking, Baking Photography, Drawing, Music (guitar, violin, singing), Travelling