3 day weekends= Freedom!

A three-day weekend to college students is the equivalent of Halloween for children! It is a beautiful time where school stress diminishes (until late the night before classes) and you are free to have fun and play. I don’t know about everyone else, but being at school with all my friends minus the actual study part is one of my favorite things. Don’t get me wrong classes are interesting, but the unique freedom that comes when it’s a three day weekend is one for the books. As usual, I fled town, with some of my favorite people. I drove up to Moab Utah with my friends to play at Arches and Canyonlands National Park for the weekend.

dsc_0027dsc_0312

The fifteen or more hours in the car for the weekend were well worth it. We played in the snow, had a bouncy castle in our hotel, and saw some breathe taking arches!

fb_img_1484588955648img1173661024

Sunday we ventured up to Canyonlands, which happened to be in a cloud. We tried two view points and could not outrun the fog so head back to Arches National Park where we got to play some more.

img-1917072845img-192013731img1458507969

Being able to get in the car and drive to Utah on a weekend is one thing that I never thought was possible before college but now it is a common occurrence in my life. The National Parks and amazing opportunities that surround Prescott and Arizona as a whole are amazing and a great bonus to riddle. Now don’t worry, if driving 6 hours to Utah to look at some arches is not your thing that is okay, there are hundreds of others things to do on a three day weekend. Some binge watch Netflix (gotta catch up on the shows you don’t have time for during the week), some go to Phoenix, and others mess around on campus. No matter what you are doing three day weekends are always a memorable time and something college kids live for!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Megan. Bookmark the permalink.

About Megan

**Major:** Global Security and Intelligence and Global Business
**Hometown:** Renton, Washington
**Research:** Can’t wait to get started
**Activities:** Sorority Alpha Xi Delta, Chi Alpha, Swimming, Hiking/Exploring
**Favorite Class:** Introduction to Global Security and Intelligence
**Favorite thing to do in Prescott:** Explore downtown and hike
**In my free time I…** like to go swimming, spend time with my friends, craft, watch Netflix, and explore the great outdoors