Summer Camps Helped Me Choose My Degree

Hi Everyone! I’m a current student at Embry-Riddle that went to two different summer camps before choosing Riddle. The Embry Riddle Summer Program really helped me to decide my future.

It all started in middle school when I decided that I would love to be an aeronautical engineer. When I found out about the Aeronautical Engineering Summer Program I immediately signed up. I wanted to see what being an engineer was really all about.

June came and I arrived at the first day of Aero Camp. That evening I met my first friends who I would hang out with for the rest of the week. I loved camp! I had a blast making Balsa Wood Planes and designing, printing, and testing bridges. I met faculty who teach the real classes because they were the ones teaching me. After camp I could not wait to go to Embry Riddle for real.

Glider Competition

The following summer my friends and I decided to go back to camp. We decided on the Spy Camp because one of my friends was planning to join that program the following fall. I was beyond excited to return to Embry Riddle for summer camp.ECSSE Summercamp spy camp

From day one Spy Camp was awesome. I loved it! We got to learn some of the basic codes used for cryptography and also we got the chance to uncover a spy at an embassy reception! I learned so much about what the program would prepare me to do. Spy Camp was a great introduction to the Global Security Intelligence Studies. By the time the camp ended it had completely changed my mind. I no longer wanted to be an Aeronautical Engineer but rather a security professional and now I’m a student at Embry-Riddle.

You should definitely come to camp at Embry-Riddle!

Sin Cera,
Seraphina