Summer Camps Helped Me Choose My Degree

Hi Everyone! I’m a current student at Embry-Riddle that went to two different summer camps before choosing Riddle. The Embry Riddle Summer Program really helped me to decide my future.

It all started in middle school when I decided that I would love to be an aeronautical engineer. When I found out about the Aeronautical Engineering Summer Program I immediately signed up. I wanted to see what being an engineer was really all about.

June came and I arrived at the first day of Aero Camp. That evening I met my first friends who I would hang out with for the rest of the week. I loved camp! I had a blast making Balsa Wood Planes and designing, printing, and testing bridges. I met faculty who teach the real classes because they were the ones teaching me. After camp I could not wait to go to Embry Riddle for real.

Glider Competition

The following summer my friends and I decided to go back to camp. We decided on the Spy Camp because one of my friends was planning to join that program the following fall. I was beyond excited to return to Embry Riddle for summer camp.ECSSE Summercamp spy camp

From day one Spy Camp was awesome. I loved it! We got to learn some of the basic codes used for cryptography and also we got the chance to uncover a spy at an embassy reception! I learned so much about what the program would prepare me to do. Spy Camp was a great introduction to the Global Security Intelligence Studies. By the time the camp ended it had completely changed my mind. I no longer wanted to be an Aeronautical Engineer but rather a security professional and now I’m a student at Embry-Riddle.

You should definitely come to camp at Embry-Riddle!

Sin Cera,
Seraphina

One thought on “Summer Camps Helped Me Choose My Degree

1. Having had a son graduate at the Prescott, AZ campus of Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in May 2024, I enrolled my 13 year old son in their Take Flight day camp at the Prescott Campus. They get the kids flying immediately and hand them the controls from day 1 so that they can experience flying. Both the school and summer camp has been exceptional! The student/instructors are highly skilled, safety first, and very giving of their time and knowledge to the kids coming behind them. This exemplifies Embry Riddle’s culture, one I am proud that my son got the ability to attend. Our head instructor, Antoine de Lajudie, was thorough, patient, and second to none as were the CFI’s assigned to the summer program. The quality of these students made my son’s experience a once in a lifetime memory that he will never forget. Expensive? Yes, but worth every cent for someone who might have an interest in pursuing becoming a pilot. If I could give this summer program a hundred stars I would!