Join Me in My Journey Through College!

Hi everyone! I’m Maddy and I’m beginning my sophomore year here at ERAU Prescott. I’m an Aeronautical Science (Fixed-Wing) major with a concentration in Airline Operations, minoring in Meteorology, and I’m currently working toward my commercial pilot’s license. All my life I’ve been in love with all things aviation, and it’s my dream and goal to fly for a major airline such as Southwest. Being at Embry-Riddle has been an amazing experience so far, and I’m so proud to say that I’m attending the most well-known aviation university in the world.

Me in front of our competition Cessna aircraft

I grew up in sunny Orange County, California, and I’ve got to say Prescott is just as scenic as the coastlines of SoCal. At first, it was tough going from sea level to 5000 feet, but now I can say that I’m fully adjusted to the mile-high city. It seems like just yesterday I was transitioning into life at Embry-Riddle Prescott. Time has truly “flown” by! (pun intended).

Besides taking classes and flight training, I’m also a second-year member of the Golden Eagles Flight Team, a member of the APLA Ace Club, a member of Women in Aviation and a member of the Archery Club. There’s never a dull moment in my life, but that’s just how I like it!

I personally invite you to follow me on my sophomore year at Riddle. I’ll be sharing more about my activities and adventures in the near future, so you can see what life is like here at Embry-Riddle Prescott. Let’s embark on this journey together!

This entry was posted in 2015 - 2016 and tagged , , , by Maddy. Bookmark the permalink.
Maddy

About Maddy

Major: Aeronautical Science (Fixed-wing), concentration in Airline Operations Hometown: Tustin, CA
Activities: The Golden Eagles Flight Team, Archery Club, Women in Aviation, ALPA Ace Club Favorite Class: Aircraft Systems and Components
Favorite thing to do in Prescott: Go hiking in the Dells
In my free time I… enjoy archery, hiking, rock climbing, and roller skating

One thought on “Join Me in My Journey Through College!