Hey there everyone it’s that time of year again where we welcome our new freshman!! Being a freshman in college can be an uncertain time for those moving far from home so a few upperclassman have contributed to provide our newcomers with some great advice.
From Shelly (Senior) –The major question that freshman always ask me is what they should bring to college. Here is a list of the stuff that I found pretty useful:
- Earplugs or noise canceling headphones (trust me these are a necessity!!)
- A car 🙂
- 3 Flash drives (you will probably loose or break one so having back ups is key)
- Sturdy Back pack
- A few plates, cups, one pot, one pan, and one set of silverware
- Pictures of the family
- A rain coat and an all weather coat for when it snows
- A good pair of boots that can handle rain or snow
- Lots of sweaters!!!! (the weather can be crazy cold during the winter)
From Bryan (Junior) — People always ask me what they should get involved in as a freshman so they can make a lot of friends. What I did was join a fraternity, so far its been pretty sweet and I really enjoy it. The fraternity gives me chances to help in the community and connect to other fraternity members in the US. The connections have really helped especially as I am starting to look for jobs and internships. Oh and, getting a job on campus helps a lot too.
It’s me again! I hope that this advice from some of our other upperclassman has helped, please feel free to ask any questions I’m sure I can find someone to answer them for you!!! Thanks for reading 🙂