It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Wow… three days until Christmas!!  Time sure flies when you’re surrounded by family and and old friends!  After finals, I left JUST before the storm hit Prescott (thank goodness I didn’t get stuck in that!) because my last final was on Monday the seventh.  I couldn’t go home however… there was too much snow on the road in my hometown of Pinetop, AZ.  So I went to Coolidge to hang with my grandpa for a few days while the storm died down.  I am VERY grateful that I went there instead of home; my family at home didn’t have power for the three days I was in Coolidge!  The storm eventually died down to the point that I could take my Saturn wagon home without the fear of sliding off the road, and so I am home!  Yay! 

I have had a blast since I’ve been home.  My friend and I were able to go on the actual Polar Express Train in Williams, AZ, which really isn’t that far from Prescott.  It was SO much fun!  We went on a train ride, got cookies and hot chocolate, saw Santa (I know!), and both got bells that to my great relief we could hear!  Haha!  If that didn’t put me in the Christmas spirit, I don’t know what would!  Williams is a very cute town as well.  The train that we rode on was built in the 1930’s, and the train station was lit up with lights EVERYWHERE.  I’d never been to a train station before so the experience was great!  There were lights all over the town, reflecting even more in the snow.  It was just like Christmas in the storybooks!

I don’t have the pictures yet, but I wanted to say how awesome it was, and I’ll post pictures in my next blog. 🙂

I went to my church Christmas party with my family too, which was so fun because I got to see some of my friends from high school.  We talked and caught up with each other and we all had a blast.  There was lots of food and desserts and the original Christmas nativity play put on by the youth of our church.  It was strange not being actually IN it this year… THAT definitely made me feel old!  It was a wonderful evening that put everyone in the Christmas spirit.

My dad, Landon, Lexie, Levi and I all went to see The Christmas Carol, in 3D, and it was a really good movie.  The 3D effects were amazing, and the story itself is SO accurate to the original book by Charles Dickens that it is just amazing.  I definitely was in the Christmas spirit already, but this movie helped remind me of the true meaning of Christmas that I had somewhat forgotten.  Levi didn’t like it because it was scary, but I thought it was a good movie!!

It has been fun hanging out with my siblings again.  I didn’t realize how much I missed them until I came home.  We have done so much stuff together.  My favorite is going to The Princess and the Frog movie… three times!  I LOVE that movie!  It’s Disney at its old-school best, and since I’m a diehard Disney fan anyway, I just can’t get my hands off it!

New favorite movie.  End of story.

So in a nutshell, my break is going great, and I hope all of your breaks are going great as well!  So Merry Christmas everyone!