Spring Break

Our week-long break is wrapping up and, surprisingly, I’ve accomplished some things. Unfortunately, not much of what I have gotten done is school related. Saturday, my friend, Brody, and I drove to San Diego in my car. We left at 5am and made fairly good time, arriving around 11:30 with some traffic around Riverside. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with friends and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Sunday we had a brunch for my dad’s birthday, which included an amazing black forest cake and later that day I met a couple of people at Starbucks.

Monday morning is when the pace started picking up. It started with me getting up very early (7:30am) to take my dad to drop his z3 off for repair. Then we took my macbook to the Apple store next so it could get repaired; I just got it back and they ended up replacing the display and magsafe board (battery charging thing). It all works great and I had dented the display before so I’m not complaining that I have a new one 🙂  After dropping off my computer, I went to visit General Atomics. I have a friend who works there and he wanted to give me a tour/have me meet his bosses since I applied for an internship there. It was really cool because although cubicles are always nice, I got to see the predator drones being built one building over. They have several versions and the small one is smaller than I expected. The biggest predator, Reaper, is used in the Air Force, NASA, and several other nations. The things run off of a modified snowmobile engine and you can tell that there’s a lot of engineering in each one, including the material used for the landing gear so it can flex without breaking.

Tuesday, I visited a few teachers and my old work group at Northrop Grumman. It was good to see some of them that I hadn’t seen in years. Later in the day, I decided to go for a bike ride. I ended up at the beach and decided to go swimming. The water was pretty cold but still not as cold as it’s been in Prescott. Luckily it was sunny, but I wasn’t completely dry until I was almost home, so it was a little chilly for the ride back. Besides that and visiting some other people, my week has been relaxed.