Junior Year: (Almost) Complete!

It’s crunch time once more. Finals are coming up next week, and just thinking about it ties my stomach up in nervous knots. On the bright side, IT’S ALMOST SUMMER! All college kids love when summer comes around! Here in beautiful Prescott, AZ, the weather could not be any more perfect. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, a cool summer breeze blows through the trees… and all the Riddle kids are cramming in the library for hours. Figures. I feel nocturnal during finals week, because I literally come out of the library only when it’s dark and time to go home to sleep. So, to take a break from studying, I am going to blog about my final impressions on the classes I took this past semester.

Social Psychology was great. My professor was so fun, and she teaches the subject really well! I love psychology classes, and this one did not leave me disappointed. We learned so much about people’s behaviors and thought processes. It will really come in handy in my job someday! Chinese class was also a lot of fun. I feel like I have learned so much about the language and the culture! I’m excited to continue to take it next fall. Quantitative Methods II was interesting; business Calculus for a GSIS major? Sure, why not? Intelligence and Technology was also a fun class to take. We learned all about spy gadgets and satellites and cool shenanigans having to do with technology. Yes, we did learn about the cool stuff like:

…concealed transmitters…

…lipstick pistols…

…and hidden cigarette cameras! Awesome, right?

International Relations was also really interesting. We learned a lot of theories concerning international relations, including Realism, Neo-Realism, Liberalism, Constructivism, and more! And what’s better is that we are reading a book in class called “Theories of International Politics and Zombies“. It is a really awesome book describing how the different international theories would come into play if there was a zombie outbreak! It is definitely epic.

I’ll never pass up an opportunity to put a picture of Michael Jackson and his horde of the undead into a post. So here it is. And the best part is, it has to do with International Relations! Excellent.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed all of these classes, I would have to say that my favorite class this semester was Microeconomics with Dr. Carreras. He is an AMAZING professor. I have learned so much from him, and it turns out that I’m pretty good at microeconomics, too! I am one of the few students that has taken the class to get 100 percent on one of Dr. Carreras’s exams. I’m pretty happy about that!

So, all in all, this semester has been one wild ride. I can’t believe how going to school can feel so slow at times, and other times it just whizzes by! Only two more semesters left until I’m an Embry-Riddle graduate! WOOHOO! Everyone out there reading this, study hard! You can do it! There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, you just gotta get there!

“Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.”

-Buddha