Overview of Electrical Engineering classes

Are you interested in studying Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering? Well as a junior I am just starting to take all the core engineering classes at Embry-Riddle, Prescott. So if you decide to read further into this blog which I highly encourage, I will be covering what it’s like taking the first of many core Electrical Engineering classes.

Currently I am taking: Signal Processing, Electronic Device Design, Computer Science (C Programming) and Engineering Math. So why do these classes even mater? Engineering math is Essential the last math tools you need to to take the upper class Electrical Engineering courses. so far we have covered Fourier Series, which I have provided a link to information about if you click Here

.     As far as Signals goes, this class has struck my interest the most. I have so far learned about sampling, which is a necessary process for converting continuous (real time) time signals to digital signals. Learning about this and the process of amplitude/frequency modulation is pretty fun considering there are so many applications.

Too quickly sum up Electronic Device Design, the name says it all. Basic Op Amp applications in designing an amplifier. Applications and design of Transistors and more to come.

While taking these classes are demanding, don’t fear, by the time you come to your junior year you will be well prepared for the task at hand. The best way to keep up with everything is staying motivated, and enjoying what you learn. If you don’t enjoy it then you may consider studying another topic or learning in a way that is enjoyable to you. If you have any further questions that I can answer please feel free to comment or email me and thanks for reading.