Fall Fitness

fall fitnessNow is a great time to get outside and get fit!! The weather is just right and those pesky holidays with their fantastic food are coming up fast. So what is your fitness plan?

Well, if you aren’t the athletic type I might have a few use ful suggestions for you. I highly recommend running at least three times a week. I personally was never a fan of running but, in recent years I have really started to enjoy it. Running strengthens the heart and lungs while increasing your endurance all around. You don’t need to run super hard core to get a good workout so stick with a pace that is comfortable for you.

Another good workout type is to do a light workout on the days that you are not running. You can do pushups, crunches, bodybuilders, etc. or maybe yoga/Pilates. It is all up to you!

Perhaps the most important aspect of fitness is eating right. So to get started, give your fridge a makeover. Limit the alcoholic drinks to one or two per week, dump all of your unhealthy carbs ( aka white bread, bagels, pastries, pasta that isn’t whole grain), and stock up on vegetables, fruits, lean meats, whole grain breads, whole dairy products (this should be your one source of healthy fat intake), and of course your one favorite item of unhealthy food. My personal favorite is the pint size of Ben and Jerry’s Phish food, but again, remember to limit your intake!

I hope this helped, good luck with fall fitness everyone!!!

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by Cherie. Bookmark the permalink.

About Cherie

**Major:** Aerospace Engineering **Minors:** Mathematics Minor, Military Science Minor **Hometown:** Bermuda, FL **Activities:** AFROTC, SHPE **Honors:** Service Excellence Award, Deans List Award **Favorite Class:** Structures **Favorite thing to do in Prescott:** Kayaking, see movies, cruise through downtown **In my free time, I…** like to watch Netflix, go bike riding, hang out with friends, and relax