My California Adventure :)

I finally get to have some time away from work and be with my family in California. Unfortunately, I am still without my car because it needs to get towed out here so my cousin can fix it. :/  But I have been dealing without my car, so I guess it’s not all bad. I flew in to California Saturday, June 19th. I had to wake up at 4am in Texas to get to the airport by 5am so I could catch my 6am flight. That was an experience I won’t be able to forget. HAHA. I got to California at around 9am and soon after we headed from Fontana, where my grandma, aunt, and uncle live, to Palm Springs area to see our family. There was a big birthday party/family reunion, so everyone was there. It was pretty fun to start my first day back home with all my family.

Sister, brother-in-law, my aunt Susie, and I

My grandma, sister, brother-in-law, and I at my grandma's house

Then the next week I got to go to the beach and I bought a super cute top and took some beach photos of course. We didn’t stay long because the uncle who lives off the beach had to go to the hospital that day, we came over and he was hardly breathing. You know those relatives who are just too stubborn to ask for help, that’s Uncle Buck for you! So, we got an ambulance and it turns out he had double pneumonia! I mean regular is bad enough, but double?! GEEZ! He is doing better now though, thank goodness.

Newport Beach. This is the pier, near where my uncle lives. I walked here to enjoy the nice cool weather and of course to go buy ice cream

Newport Beach. This is the pier, near where my uncle lives. I walked here to enjoy the nice cool weather and of course to go buy ice cream<3

OMG! Doesn't this look amazing?! It has brownies and cherries in it. It was delicious!

This is the sidewalk for pedestrians and bikers/skaters. It goes all the way to the pier and beyond to the balboa pier, which has a fair and arcade.

The beautiful beach with blue skies!

The beautiful beach with blue skies!

Newport Beach. Just walk a block from my uncle's house and you hit the shore.

Me at the beach house in my new shirt<3

Me at the beach house in my new shirt<3

Then Thursday my sister and brother-in-law came over and visited, which I am happy they did so because my sister and I were arguing for a couple of weeks, but now all is well! Before they left my sister asked if I wanted to go to Disneyland with her or not the next day and if I wanted to spend the night, so it would be easier to get there together. I went ahead and spent the night there, and we watched Twilight New Moon together. (finally saw it for the first time, still does not do the book justice!) We also got to see Twilight Eclipse at the midnight showing, it was really good. I’m not a huge fanatic, but it was her friend’s birthday and that is where she wanted to spend it at. So, we went. I really just wish the actress who played Bella did a better job at acting. Her facial expressions and emotions are always off, they never seem genuine, especially when she has to fake cry. BLEH!

Anyways, the next morning we headed to Disneyland and spent the whole day there- hopping back and forth from Disneyland to California Adventure. My brother-in-law joined us after work, around 3:30pm. Oh yeah, they have annual passes and I had a free complimentary ticket. We went on quite a few rides and saw a couple shows, like the new show “World of Color”. It was so beautiful. It had fountains of water with different colored light and projection screens, so actual pictures would be on the water. There was even fire incorporated in the show. It was amazing, and I so wish I had a significant other there because it was very romantic and exciting. I took many pictures, but sadly my cell died at 10pm, right before the “World of Color” show started. I’m sure people have posted some videos on it on YouTube though, since people in front of me were shooting video. (That was annoying since I’m short. ha ha) We didn’t get home until about 1am and then we just crashed. It was a great day. And so far I am enjoying my vacation in California, I just cannot wait for my car to get here so I can actually go and drive to see some of my friends around here!

"C" for Cassandra

"C" for Cassandra

My Sister, Laura and Brother-in-law, Lance

My sister Laura and I waiting to ride the 3-D Toy Story ride

I <3 my dorky 3-D glasses!

Me at "Hollywood" in California Adventure

California Adventure Rides!

My sister ready for her interview, she is gorgeous<3

I have a lot more photos, but I will make a second part to my adventure since there is a lot more to say.

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by loganc2. Bookmark the permalink.

About loganc2

The main advice I have for incoming GSIS students is that you got to brush up on your history and current events. Start reading and writing more, so you can begin to enjoy it. And do NOT procrastinate, it could cost you your grade. This major is a lot of fun, and there is a little something for everyone. Personally, I love psychology the most.