Wicked~ The Greatest Musical Alive

Ever since my freshman year in High School, I have always wanted to see Wicked live. It was my dream because my choir sang a few of the songs at a performance, so we got a little taste of the musical. I have never been a huge person to want to see bands and such live, I am satisfied watching them on T.V. or video, but this is the one musical I had dreamed of seeing live. Well, my dreams came true a couple weeks ago. Annette took us all to see Wicked live in Dallas, Texas. She knew her mother would enjoy it, so she wanted to take us all to see it. Many think it is not a great idea to wait to buy musical tickets at the box office right before the show and for most cases I agree, but Annette was able to get two free ORCHESTRA seats since two people could not make it to the musical and the seats were not occupied. She also got the other two balcony seats for discount! About half the cost! We were very blessed that day, and just seeing the musical already made all our days.

Wicked, just in case you want to know, is about the “wicked witch of the west”. It is her side of Wizard of  Oz  story. It gives the audience a new perspective of how one becomes evil in an other’s eye, even though they are good at heart. I recommend seeing this musical, if not live, at least find it on YouTube.

This is the cover of the CD they sell after the musical. I believe some of the books use this as the cover as well. I am reading Wicked right now, it's really good.

This is Glinda "the Good Witch" and Elphaba the "Wicked Witch" together at the Emerald City. The lighting and costumes were amazing!

This is the scene of my favorite song in the musical called "Defying Gravity". We sang it at my high school, but WOW it gave me chills when Elphaba sang it!

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by loganc2. Bookmark the permalink.

About loganc2

The main advice I have for incoming GSIS students is that you got to brush up on your history and current events. Start reading and writing more, so you can begin to enjoy it. And do NOT procrastinate, it could cost you your grade. This major is a lot of fun, and there is a little something for everyone. Personally, I love psychology the most.