Christmas & Classes!

Christmas break was fantastic.  I loved being able to rest and relax for a change!  I got to see all of my family and friends and I had a great time.  I even got a little George Foreman grill so I could make yummy dinners at my own apartment!  (Last semester’s dinners included, well, frozen dinners.  That is not so this semester though!)  My family and I had a fantastic time hanging together.  Too bad it didn’t snow until New Year’s, but, better late than never!

This semester is going to be tough, but super fun!  I am taking Personality and Profiling with Dr. Bloom at eight a.m.  I have a good feeling about that class.  We start off listening to music that will wake us up, such as Dr. King’s Memphis Soul Stew!  (that was this morning!)  Then we have discussions about really interesting topics.  That class is stuffed!  You’d think that at eight in the morning, there wouldn’t be a lot of people.  WRONG!  There are 60 people in the class, with more trying to register!  It’s insanely packed.

Next I go to Chinese 2, with Yang Laoshi.  It is lots of fun.  This weekend we’re taking a field trip to the Chinese Cultural Center in Phoenix!  It is going to be a blast.  Then comes U.S. Foreign Policy, then Forensic Science (we get to do fingerprints on Thursday!), then Observing Asian Cultures.  All of these classes are going to be amazing, to say the least.  I also feel more comfortable in my classes, because I know most of the people in them.  That’s the good thing about being a sophomore in the GSIS program… we all take most of the same classes, so you get to make lots of friends and you see them EVERYWHERE.  No joke.  So that is my Spring 2011 semester!  I’ll keep you updated when I think of tips and lessons that I am learning here at ERAU. 🙂

“We learn more by looking for the answer to a question and not finding it than we do from learning the answer itself.”

-Lloyd Alexander