Busy, Busy, Breathe, and Busy!

In any given semester, the first couple of weeks are not too bad. The workload is relatively light because the teachers know that you are just getting used to your schedule. However, this period ends after a few weeks and EVERYTHING gets piled up on you all at once. This is how this last week has been for me. Volleyball spring season started up last Monday, and ever since then my whole life just went into fast forward. Assignments, tests, practices, and study time have all meshed together into one huge blur of being busy. Luckily this past weekend was a relaxing one! Lauren and I and a few more friends went and saw The Vow in theaters on Saturday night, and for the rest of the weekend we were in a chick-flick kind of mood, so we decided to keep the waterworks flowing with The Notebook and P.S. I Love You. (Corny, especially around Valentine’s Day, but what can we say… we’re girls! It happens!) Valentine’s Day was fun too. My roommate gave me an awesome handmade card and chocolate.

I just love having a great roommate!

The rest of the week was super stressful, so I was glad it was off to a good start! I had my first assignment due for Microeconomics, which took about eight hours to complete, so I was so psyched to turn it in today and get that burden off my chest! I was also glad that I had volleyball practice at 6 am this morning, so I could have this Friday afternoon to relax and unwind! Hopefully the rest of this weekend, I’ll be able to clean and catch up and just take a breath. One of the most rewarding feelings is knowing that you worked your hardest when you needed to, and you were rewarded because of it. Being here at Embry-Riddle has certainly taught me this lesson very well indeed!

“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work.”

-Colin Powell