Thanksgiving

Snoopy-Thanksgiving

What will you do if you aren’t going to make it home for Thanksgiving in college? Well, I can answer that! It can be tough not to go home over Thanksgiving but, don’t be a loner!!! You can still have a lot of fun over the short break by connecting with other faculty or students in the area, trust me I did that my freshman year. šŸ™‚

Even though I was totally bummed about being stuck at college over my favorite holiday, I found others who were in the same position me and we held our own thanksgiving potluck! šŸ™‚ The best part was that I actually got two Thanksgivings that year as I was also invited, with some of my other classmates, to a professor’s house where we spent a fun evening playing board games and enjoying another potluck.

Even though I was away from my family it was a wonderful Thanksgiving over which I made some new friends and learned about how friends are not only your social network but, your extended family away from home. So don’t be sad and go have fun!

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 and tagged , , , , , , by Cherie. Bookmark the permalink.

About Cherie

**Major:** Aerospace Engineering **Minors:** Mathematics Minor, Military Science Minor **Hometown:** Bermuda, FL **Activities:** AFROTC, SHPE **Honors:** Service Excellence Award, Deans List Award **Favorite Class:** Structures **Favorite thing to do in Prescott:** Kayaking, see movies, cruise through downtown **In my free time, Iā€¦** like to watch Netflix, go bike riding, hang out with friends, and relax