Can You Smell Whats Brewing?

Can you smell that…? That’s the sweet smell of coffee brewing in the morning.

As a college student you may experience long sleepless nights, early morning study sessions and lots of homework especially as an Embry-Riddle engineering student. Many choose caffeine to help them through it all. In my opinion and based on my research, the healthiest choice seems to be…. Coffee! That’s right, not soda, or Red Bull, but coffee. Luckily for us Embry-Riddle has a Starbucks in the library!

Unlike soda or energy drinks coffee does not have any added preservatives or high fructose corn syrup. I am constantly working out in the gym or running so drinking soda or Red Bull doesn’t exactly fit my routine. Plus, coffee tastes great once you master your desired coffee flavor! It’s the first thing I make when I wake up every morning and one cup is all I need.

Fun Myth: It is said that a farmer once discovered coffee based on how his goats acted after eating a certain berry. And now we have coffee!

As for the benefits of coffee, my research has found:

1)      It actually enhances athletic performance.

2)      It increases mental sharpness

3)      It assists weight loss

With that being said, I have to say the best part about coffee is waking up to the great taste of it, and how it helps awaken your mind. Thanks for reading, be sure to stay tuned for more fun articles.