The Sabre Drill Team!

It has been said that the friends you make in College are the ones you will keep forever. I strongly believe in this quote. Here at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, I have made many friends that impact me both personally and academically. From spending countless amount of hours together in class to hanging out on weekends, these people make me a better student and a better person.

From being involved in Air Force ROTC, Silver Wings, ASIS International, Eagle Eye, Cyber Eye, to working in Admissions, I have met many people who I will keep in touch with throughout my life. Everyone here at Embry-Riddle is motivated and has the same drive that you do, and that is what makes these friendships unique. One of the most important groups is the Sabre Drill Team.

Being a member of Air Force ROTC, I have also chosen to participate in Honor Corps. Within Honor Corps, I have been the Commander and a successful member of the Sabre Drill Team. The friends I have made while being a part of the Sabre Drill Team, are those types of friends that I will keep forever. With this particular group of people, going on monthly hikes is something we all love to do. Aside from mentoring the underclassman, as an Alumni of the team, I get to hang out with them outside practice and ROTC. Another reason why I will keep these friends forever, is because they have been able to help me academically as well. Sometimes all you need is a study session with your friends to get things going!

Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 8.36.29 AM

Hiking in the Granite Dells near Watson Lake and Willow Lake is perhaps the best way to hang out and bond with friends. Even if you aren’t an outdoor person, you will learn to embrace Prescott’s beauty! My best memory with the team was when we initiated new members. We took a large group of people out to the Dells and ended the gorgeous hike with the afternoon sunset and a presentation of the swords.

This entry was posted in 2014 - 2015 and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , by Shivam. Bookmark the permalink.

About Shivam

**Major:** Global Security and Intelligence, Intelligence & Security Hybrid **Minors:** Arabic & Middle Eastern Studies and Defense Studies **Hometown:** Iselin, NJ **Internships/Special:** Air Force ROTC Field Training, ProjectGO Study Abroad – Morocco **Activities:** Being a leader of Silver Wings, the Knowledge Management Officer for AFROTC, Commander of the Sabre Drill Team in Honor Corps, as well as being a general member of ASIS, Eagle Eye and Cyber Eye; I have taken every opportunity that has been given to me to stay involved! **Honors:** Boeing Scholar, Military Officers Association of America Award **Favorite Class:** My all time favorite class is Counterintelligence. We get to learn many spy related techniques as well as getting to create a spy from scratch. **Favorite thing to do in Prescott:** I love to go to the Granite Dells and just go hiking, or even flying! I also enjoy taking pictures!