Sushi and other summer-ish things.

Hey everybody!
Summer is off to a good start, this last weekend I drove out to Omaha NE (about 5 hours away) to visit my old roommate and see him and a friend play Piano/Saxophone Jazz gig.
I ended up seeing pretty much everybody that I hung out with over this last school year so it was a very worthwhile trip, I will miss living with a crazy good jazz pianist and composer, although I’ll probably get a lot more sleep not having jam sessions in my room until 4:00am.
My other big experience of the weekend was that while I was there, I went to a sushi bar and tried some very strange things. The first thing I ordered was Uni, which is Sea urchin, and it came floating in this brown liquid, with a raw quail egg….it Turns out that even though sea urchin looks like a pickled human tongue and squishes in your mouth like caviar it’s really not that bad, but it was a nice ego boost to have the manager come over and tell me that I was one of  maybe 10 people who had ever been brave enough to order, much less finish it, honestly the raw egg was the hardest thing to get down. After that I Tried Octopus for the first time, nothing too eventful there.
Being inspired by awesome food I decided to make some sushi for a goodbye party tonight, and I think it turned out pretty well…
0531091509cNice huh?

After all that I went and had softball practice on a really muddy field, which gave me the idea that it would be fun to go mudding on some back roads, which was awesome, although I spent half an hour cleaning off Kate (My 4Runner)
Last weekend after helping out at a camp my friend Chance and I were on the way back home with these two sisters, one of them in each of our cars, and Ashley decided that she and Chance should go mudding, so about 10 minutes later I get a call asking if I have a tow rope,  Jordan and I go out and see what’s up, and manage to get stuck, and we had to call a friend with a tractor to come pull us out, Chance had his jeep in so deep that the doors wouldn’t open.
 Lesson learned…. Don’t bother trying to tow out other people who have 4wd and got stuck, it doesn’t work.

That’s all for now, later folks.