One more week…

Tomorrow is my last official day in class as a senior, but for some reason seniors have to show up for class on Monday.  Anyway, here at Westview it’s easy to tell the year is coming to a close.  Senior pranks are being planned, everyone is relaxed and ready for a good long summer.  Earlier this week we had our Senior Awards Night, where any senior who has scholarships or qualifies as an “AP Scholar” is recognized in front of the rest of the attendees and their parents.  It was pretty cool, and according to one of our counselors, Westview students have accumulated more money in scholarships this year (over $7 million) than the rest of our district (4 other high schools) combined!  It was fun and interesting to see where and how other students were going to college.  This year in our graduating class, we have two students going to Harvard and another to MIT.

This weekend the seniors have our trip to Disneyland on Saturday, and the ROTC cadets (myself included) have our Awards Night on Sunday.  Next week includes all of our senior activities like the senior breakfast, picnic, yearbook signing party, graduation rehearsal and finally, graduation.  That reminds me; our yearbook this year is, well…amazing.  A person can easily tell how much effort was put into making the book with a $90 price tag.  This year it features over 300 pages of full color including 10 glossy pages in the front with awesome photos of the school.

The front cover of Westview's 2009 Yearbook

The ROTC Page in the Yearbook

The ROTC Page in the Yearbook

In regards to Steven’s post recently about whether he should buy a mac or pc, I have been through that.  Last March I purchased a laptop PC.  In the next 9 months, it had been sent in for replacement parts, reformatting and troubleshooting a total of 7 times.  Finally in December, the company (who normally makes great computers) issued me a refund.  In no way am I saying that this happens to everyone, but it really turned me off of PCs.  I believe the main issue was Windows Vista, a common problem by now, along with high process programs I use for graphic design.  Immediately after the refund was issued, I purchased a new 15″ Macbook Pro.  Apple sure doesn’t give their products away…this one cost twice that of the PC, but I have had no problems and am a very satisfied customer.  I think a lot of potential Mac customers are frightened by the thought of having to relearn an operating system.  Apple has now integrated a right click on all of its mice and is easy to get used to except maybe the dock (where programs are kept on your screen).  If you still aren’t sure on what to buy, go ahead and check out the commercials on Apple’s website; they’re at the bottom of the homepage.