Just about 2 weeks left!

I am super excited to start school, but also scared and hurt to leave my friends and family. I know it is hard for all of us during this transition, especially if you are moving out-of-state, knowing you won’t be able to see them again for a long time! But I know I will make it and when I do see everyone again, it will be a nice reunion.

Well, I got my apartment in Prescott Valley, it is about 20 mins from Embry-Riddle. I also got all my utilities set-up, so I am ready to go. I’m moving in on Monday the 17th. I cannot wait!

And then 3 days later we got orientation, and I definitely have those excited butterflies fluttering around. This is the start of my new life. I got all my new furniture and clothes and everything I needed for my apartment. I’m just getting everything packed this week and slowly saying goodbye to my beloved grandmother that I have lived with for 16 years of my life. It is really hard for her to let go, but she is so proud and understands. Everything is going so smooth. I can’t believe I was able to afford my first year without using money from my own pocket! I’m glad I worked hard for those scholarships, but I know I’m not done, still gotta work hard for next years’ scholarships. But I know I can do it again. I’m excited for my classes.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention I changed my major, I’m going into Aviation Business Administration now. This is a great opportunity for me, I can now make sure that I’ll have a job no matter what. If not as a pilot, at least somwhere into management. Hopefully both, but you never know how planes will be years from now, they may not need pilots, I’d rather be prepared.

So, that’s all that’s new from this past month. I can’t wait until school! I hope everyone else is having a smooth transistion. See you all in about two weeks.

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by loganc2. Bookmark the permalink.

About loganc2

The main advice I have for incoming GSIS students is that you got to brush up on your history and current events. Start reading and writing more, so you can begin to enjoy it. And do NOT procrastinate, it could cost you your grade. This major is a lot of fun, and there is a little something for everyone. Personally, I love psychology the most.