Chi Alpha

Last night, I went to my first chi alpha meeting, which was really cool. It’s the Christian organization on campus, and every couple of weeks, they have a dinner at the youth pastor’s house. It’s a great chance for everyone to hang out and get to know each other. Last weekend they went to Lake Powell and from the video, it looks like a lot of fun…hopefully I can make it next year. It was a great chance for me to take a break from schoolwork, the campus, and Chartwells food. The food is good here, much better than some other schools, but eating the same thing day after day can become tiring.

Later in the evening, they pulled out a pair of indo boards, which kept several of us, myself included, busy for a good half hour. The pictures below are of myself and Ken Stuart, who brought me to the Chi Alpha meeting, meditating while balanced on the indo boards. For anyone wondering if we actually balanced like that for more than one-second, the answer is…no. All we wanted was the picture, but we got it!

It was a good night to just get away from everything else and hang out with people I now know better.