Finally…

Well…this blog post was supposed to be written exactly two weeks ago.  It doesn’t feel like I’ve been that busy but I guess every moment of downtime feels like it needs to be spent away from school-related activities.  For a couple days, I trained as a “telemarketing agent” for the admissions department asking people if they were planning on coming to our open house this weekend.  That’s where my Saturday will be spent.  I also have my first Air Force PFA (physical fitness assessment) on Friday.

If anyone is looking for a good TV show to watch, NCIS and House just started with a couple of very intense season premiere episodes.  I guess if sitting in front of a TV and just watching it isn’t your thing, you can try out Halo 3 ODST.  That’s pretty much the story of our hall for the past two weeks since it came out.  It has a feature called firefight where you just fight wave after wave of aliens.  It may not sound very fun but I think the XBOX in our lounge has logged more hours in these past few weeks than it had in its entire lifetime before then.

We had Friday off last week, which was coincidentally the day that NASA landed a probe on the far side of the moon to check for ice deposits.  Myself and about five others stayed up until 4:30 am and then drove down to the schools telescope to watch the event.  NASA predicted a several-mile-wide ice dust cloud…their prediction was wrong.  We lined up at the telescope and watched mission control reset the countdown timer several times as they recalculated the landing time, but in the end we saw nothing.  Needless to say we jumped into bed when we got back and didn’t wake up for a very long time.  My eyes opened briefly around 9:30 am, but drifted back into a slumber until 1:30 pm (my friend slept in until after 3:00 pm).  Later, a friend and I went geochaching on our bikes around Watson lake.  Geocaching is where you use GPS to find boxes that other people have hidden and sign your name in a log inside.  To make the day even better, when we got back we went to see Zombieland…it happens to be one of the BEST movies ever made.

You may be wondering why I’m writing this post at 1 in the morning on a Monday…wait, Tuesday.  I have an Air Force ROTC briefing in 8 hours that I have been preparing for and consulting friends for the past five hours.  We actually have PT in four and a half hours too.  Anyway, my briefing is on Air Force Organizational Structure, which luckily isn’t a hard topic.  I’ll probably post my results in my next blog, but right now I’m going to bed as soon as this post is live.