Halfway through..

My next semester classes are going to be awesome and I am pretty stoked about them. I finally get to do those things that I have been waiting for all this time.

Here it is:

AE_495R_01PC

Fundamentals of Wind Energy

L. Traub

MA_441_

Math Methods for Engineers

H. Tsutsui

AE_430_01PC

Control System Analysis

K. Bordignon

AE_413_01PC

Airplane Stability & Control

K. Bordignon

AE_315_50PC

Experimental Aerodynamics Lab

L. Traub

AE_314_01PC

Experimental Aerodynamics

L. Traub

AE_302_01PC

Aerodynamics II

L. Traub

The class “Fundamentals of Wind Energy” is a technical elective taught by Dr. Traub this semester for the first time. It is definitely going to be a very interesting class just like the Introduction to Engineering Optimization that I am taking this semester. It is really funny that I also got to see a full size win turbine blade on my way to the camp during Spring break. It was huge maybe even more than 300 ft!!! I made some futile attempts to get some pictures from my cell phone L

The class I am most excited about is Experimental Aerodynamics! I would love to spend all day working for this class. Working in the wind tunnel, getting models ready for testing, writing papers about it, coming up with amazing ideas for experiments/research, sanding balsa wood, creating models for water tunnel: the possibilities are endless and so much fun! I will get to use my skills and knowledge from other classes and apply it to projects related to aerodynamics!

I will also be studying supersonic flow in Aerodynamics II. Right now, I am studying about subsonic and incompressible flows. For the curious minded, subsonic is below the speed of sound and incompressible is a flow that has no change in density. They are related as such as a rule of thumb: incompressible flow is flow below Mach 0.3. J Some engineering knowledge J

I would be studying about differentials and other hardcore math topics in Math 441. It is the last mathematics class required. I would also get to make a glider in the Airplane Stability and Control class with Dr. Bordignon.

I am stoked! Ask me questions, if any, and I would be more than happy to help.