Getting the Internship

As my caption says, I have an internship with Delta Air Lines this summer. I was a lot of work trying to get it but ERAU really helped me out. Career Services was always behind me, and pushing for me to get it and I got it!

You should have seen me when I first got the phone call for a phone interview. I was driving back to campus from a flight and I went crazy. Good thing no one was in the car or around me, or it would have been embarrassing! Lol. I did my interview and the next day was invited for a personal interview. Delta flew me all the way out to Atlanta for this and then put me on a plane back the same day. It was a long day and felt good about my interview but still unsure.

About a week later, I was having lunch with a friend when I got a call from an unknown number. I thought it was strange since I never get calls from unknown numbers so I picked up. It was Delta. I almost choked on my lunch when I heard the news. My friend described me as a kid during Christmas. Here I was, a 21 year old in the middle of the Student Union wanting to scream and jump around like a little girl in a Jonas Brothers concert. Sounds ridiculous I know but I had worked so hard for this and finally got it! Now all that was left to do is get all of the hiring paperwork done.

Background check, drug test, fingerprinting, all that had to be done. I had to drive to Phoenix for my fingerprints. It was a little bit of a hassle but it had to get done so one day after my final, I hopped in my car and drove to Phoenix, not before stopping to a nutritious meal for energy; a Chipotle Burrito! J. Anyways, got to the airport and met the lady for the fingerprints.

She took me a way that I got to see the behind the scenes of baggage handling and onto the Tarmac. I could literally could have walked up to an A320 nose and touch it! I didn’t because I didn’t want to get in trouble but really wanted to!

Fingerprints were done and now for the drive back to Prescott, but not before getting dinner and the lunch for the next day again at Chipotle! I have lived in Denver for 11 years and love Chipotle. I saw it grow from when it was just a locally owned store until it became a giant public company. Anyways back to my internship. So all was done and now all I had to do is wait for the day to travel to Atlanta.