My Spring Break

My Spring break was absolutely amazing and was probably a lot longer than most of the student’s! I started my break Thursday night, March 11th and did not get back to Prescott until Wednesday night, March 24Th! It was a great time. I went to California to see my friends and family. A few days before I left however, we had some nice snow in town! I, not being raised in snow and never seeing 4 seasons, took a few pictures due to excitement.
This was the snow that was left on my car about a day before I left for my vacation<3

I'm not sure why, but I absolutely love snow~ so this was an exciting time for me!

To me, this is beauty. I have never been raised around snow, so it is so beauitufl to me.

To me, this is beauty. I have never been raised around snow, so it is so beautiful to me.

Look at the fields of snow! *Giddy dance*

I was then off to Cali~ about a 4.5 hour drive. I actually went really late Thursday night and ended up getting to my grandma’s at about 11pm. It was a lot of fun though since I LOVE night driving. The first night I went to my grandma’s in Fontana and stayed there for about week. I was in and out of her place though because my sister and brother-in-law live about 15 minutes away!! The first Saturday out there I went to Disneyland with my sis and bro-in-law. They also set me up with a blind date~ believe it or not, he was actually pretty fun! We had a great time and I ended up getting a free ticket, so it was a lot of fun! I then decided to drive to San Diego to get away from family and go to the beach and see a friend of mine, Cody. 🙂 It was a lot of fun being there, I have only been to San Diego about twice, so MORE pictures!

Home Sweet Home! This is my drive in Cali, headed to San Diego.

This is my friend Cody and I in San Diego! He lives right off the shore.

I love Cody's face here, and funny enough~ we ran into the man in the background on our way back from the beach!

What a beautiful ocean and what an awesome friend

After that week I then went and resided with a close friend of mine in Sky Valley- Palm Springs area. I got to  meet up with a lot of my childhood friends, some I have not seen in more than a year! It was great. I also got to meet up with my mentor~ a retired pilot that I got in contact with through one of the scholarships I received. He and his wife were amazing and so very helpful and encouraging. They gave me wise words of advice and are trying to help me get more money/scholarships so I can start my flight lessons!<3

This is my mentor, Marty. He is a great mentor and we took this in front of Mimi's Cafe for lunch

I must say, it was such a relief to get away from reality for a while. Get away from studying, books, homework, work, drama, exes, and boys in general. I loved being with my friends and family. It was an amazing trip and I absolutely enjoyed it and needed it!

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by loganc2. Bookmark the permalink.

About loganc2

The main advice I have for incoming GSIS students is that you got to brush up on your history and current events. Start reading and writing more, so you can begin to enjoy it. And do NOT procrastinate, it could cost you your grade. This major is a lot of fun, and there is a little something for everyone. Personally, I love psychology the most.