Takin’ Flight and Splashin’ It Up

Two weeks ago, my family and I headed off to Prescott so that Lexie and I could go to Embry-Riddle for the Take Flight volleyball camp.  It was a three day camp, and it was fun to be back at Riddle.  On Thursday, the day before the camp started, I met up with my roommate, Lauren Rice, and we FINALLY signed the lease on our new apartment!!  We were so excited, we had to document.  Ha.

This is our living room.  HAHA!  Just kidding.  This is the office where we signed our papers.  I learned that my dad isn’t that bad of a photographer.  😀

After our signing, my dad and I met up with the rest of my family in Jerome, about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Prescott.  The drive is GORGEOUS!  When we got there, we explored a little of the historic town.

My momma. 🙂

The next day, the camp started.  The girls had a lot of fun while working hard and making friends.  I made friends, too!  I met really awesome people who were coaches and really awesome girls who were loads of fun!  We even had a talent show in the dorms that night.  Granted, we only had one dance, but still!

One session was a beach session.  Here’s my lil sis Lexie getting ready to kick some butt in the sand!

Right after we got home from the Take Flight camp, we packed up and left for… LAKE POWELL!!  WOOOOO!

It was amazing.  I got to see all my family and it was a great family vacation for everybody.  And I didn’t even get that sunburned this year.  A-HA.

My summer was every bit as long and relaxing as I could have hoped.  And now that I’ve had my fabulous summer vacation, I’m ready for preseason.  Next Friday, I leave for Prescott, and then volleyball starts!

“Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.”

-Sam Keen