School, Work, and Social Life

Sometimes it is hard to balance out our lives. We feel that school and work is more important than spending the few hours that we have left over with our friends and classmates, but if one does not take time to relax they will become very stressed! Students can’t live life without some fun, you will start to become bored and unhappy at school. Having a social life is very important to humans, it’s in our instincts. Some say it is a desire or want, but in reality it is a necessity. The more alone you become, the more alone you start wanting to be. Sometimes being alone can even cause us to feel sad or down. Surrounding yourself with great company helps you live each day and gives you some extra meaning in your life.

I have come to realize this ever since my best friend moved in with me. Even though it is still very hectic right now, we continue to have great days together. Things go wrong all over the place, (rent, job, car, etc.) but I could not even imagine how it would feel to not have someone here with me to go through it all with. I am pretty stressed already, but if my best friend was not here with me, things would be so much harder for me. I have also took the time to talk to new people and get to know some classmates. It helps me when a huge exam comes up or if I need some extra help in a class. It has also been a life saver when I need a favor. Like today, my car not starting, but I had a HUGE exam to get to. (I don’t live on campus) I was able to call a friend/Embry-Riddle student and he came and picked me up. It was a huge help and now my roommate is getting the car fixed as I am at school. Thank goodness I have such great friends.

Another thing friends are grand for is helping you get over worries and hurt. I wasn’t feeling too great this year, but I am finally starting to feel like my old self again. It is awesome. I suggest that if any of you are feeling down you really should go hang out with a good friend or perhaps talk to someone. ANYBODY. A counselor, professor, family…Just talk it out, it feels a lot better. I come to realize writing down your problems can help to. Whether it’s in a private journal, or on random papers that you end up shredding/burning. It helps.

Well, that’s it for now. I’ll discuss my car troubles that  I experienced this last weekend soon. It was absolutely insane! Take care. Have a great week, and good fall break to ERAU students. 🙂

This entry was posted in 2013 - 2014 by loganc2. Bookmark the permalink.

About loganc2

The main advice I have for incoming GSIS students is that you got to brush up on your history and current events. Start reading and writing more, so you can begin to enjoy it. And do NOT procrastinate, it could cost you your grade. This major is a lot of fun, and there is a little something for everyone. Personally, I love psychology the most.