Snow? But I thought it was spring?

I went home to California for spring break and returned back to Arizona to find myself in the middle of over 12″ of snow! I would like to point out a few key words here: spring break, Arizona, and snow. Usually you only see two of these words in the same sentence, but very rarely do you see all three!

The start of the biggest snow storm I have seen since I have been here.

This snow storm was the 4th most snowfall in a 24-hour period that Prescott has ever had. Since it happened on the last Sunday of break, school officials decided to cancel class the next day (Monday) to ensure the safety of students making their way back to campus. For those who fought the storm and made it back on Sunday, this gave us more time to play in the snow! Walking around campus, I saw everything from snow angels to snow forts and students out having a good time!

However, if you were like me and had put off doing class work for the entire break that was due on Tuesday, you spent most of your time working on it on Monday. This isn’t to say that I didn’t have any fun though. I spend my first snow day mainly working on my term paper for my turbines class. In between working on the paper, I went out with friends to lunch near downtown and saw the massive amounts of snow in the city.

Downtown Prescott with all the snow!

By the end of our fun snow day, I was satisfied with how I spent it: a little class work, playing in the snow, and hanging out with my friends! I am hoping that this is not the last time we see snow before next winter, but when it does snow, it is always awesome!