Sept. 8-12

I finally got my instructor so I began my flight training. He is really cool and a very good pilot. He is part of the Standards team meaning that he is one of the pilots that gives check rides so he can give me pointers on how to be better prepared to pass a check ride. I can’t wait until we get to do the actual instrument stuff.

School overall, is ok. Enjoying most of my classes but I am seeing that overloading myself every Tuesday and Thursday and having Monday, Wednesday, and Friday off was kind of a bad idea. I work when I am not in school and I fly at night so my time is limited. Also, I am the Editor-in-Chief of Horizons, Embry-Riddle Prescott’s campus newspaper, so that takes up a lot of my time.

Last Wednesday we released a new issue of Horizons and it did not come out well. Only four out of the seven editors could make it making it very hard to complete the issue. It was rushed and did not get edited as mush as it should have been. Several misspellings, and the design was very rushed. Our faculty advisor told me that this was one of the worst issues he has seen in five years. I was really embarrassed and all these mistake caused us our credibility. It’s going to take hard work to get people interested in the paper again.

The good thing about the paper is that that staff keeps on growing slowly. We started out with 12 people and have already added 3 more staff writers in one week. There are a couple of people that look like they have editor potential that could help out a lot with the overall product. Let’s just hope things get better from now on.